- Affirm Life ~ I respect all sentient and insentient
beings and always act with compassion towards
them. In order to live, it is necessary for me to take
life. I do so with reverence for the life taken. In
gratitude, I do not take my own life for granted.
- Act Generously ~ I act with generosity and openhandedness.
I receive only things that are freely
given to me. I remember that clinging and
attachment are the root of suffering.
- Be Loving ~ I am conscious and loving in all
of my relationships. In sexuality, I discern
the difference between love and lust and do not
take advantage of other human beings.
I transform the arising of lust into true loving.
- Manifest Truth ~ I honor honesty and truth.
I speak with integrity from the depth of my heart.
- Respect Clarity ~ I act at all times with
mindfulness and clarity. I do not abuse my body
or cloud my mind with the misuse of intoxicants.
- Honor Silence ~ I remember the preciousness of
silence. I see the perfection in others and refrain
from gossip and frivolous conversation. I remain
thoughtful and mindful of the effects of my
- Celebrate Others ~ I rejoice in the good fortune of
others. I do not, through my thoughts, words or
actions, separate myself from others through
coveting, envy or jealousy.
- Be Giving ~ I give generously of myself, sharing
freely my love, my gifts, my talents and my
abundance for the benefit of all. I do not selfishly
withhold. I do not add any more suffering to the
- Embody Compassion ~ I recognize and
enlighten my greed, anger and ignorance. I
transform my negative emotions and act with
equanimity, sympathetic joy, compassion and
- Steward the Earth ~ I hold sacred this planet
Earth. I seek to understand Nature’s
interconnections and celebrate my own
interdependency. I work toward achieving a
lifestyle that gives more back to this Earth than I
take from it.
- Manifest this Way ~ I hold precious
this Sangha and the sacred life we embody,
especially these three treasures:
This absolute purity
of our Awakened Mind!
This life filled with wisdom,
compassion and skillful means!
This never–ending mystery
of life unfolding!
All brothers, all sisters, all